Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2$ Tuesday!!

Lets see what's going on today. Its Tuesday, and I am blogging!! Getting ready for a 48hr work week, next week. Jordan is a little frustrated because we won't be able to see much of each other, but we really need the money!! This weekend however we will be going down to Myrtle Creek, OR. To see some family, and go to my cousin Denise's baby shower!! Oh and of course Jordan is going to do some squirrel hunting.
Oh BTW it's 2$ Tuesday at Dutch Bros.!!!!!!
I've changed my major for the third time, and will now be seeking a career in something I love. Writing!! Tuesday will be my share a little of something I've wrote with everyone so here is one of my latest, it's called Glass.

Glass
By Alexandria J. Eliason

I was blinded by love
You made me feel alive
I was smitten with hope
You tasted so sweet
I was risking it all
You were impressive
I was in awe
You fooled everyone so easily
I was no different than the rest
I was stuck in your game
You tried to open my eyes
But I was hard to change
I longed for your love
And I'm stuck, stuck, found
Opened my eyes today
Saw the truth in front of me
For just one second I couldn't let myself believe
That I was the one deceived
The things I thought
The words you said
A vine of anger wraps itself up in my heart
I scream "Was it lies from the start?"
Whisper your sorry, said you did it all for me
Tell me would you try and change the one you love
Tell me how it feels
Once all the truths have been revealed
Seeing that your plan fell through
Knowing now I will never love you
Was it worth the risk
Was it worth the pain
I'll move on
While you'll stay the same
In that place where I was in love with a lie
I somehow made you mine
Like the calm before the storm
We shared a moment of peace and love
In a trance of happiness
You finally spoke the words I needed to hear
"My darling I love you"
For once the words felt real
You beg me to think back to that day
Before I walk away
I can't help but cry "It was all a lie"
You can tell me you love me, but don't ever expect me to believe you
This relationship built on glass
Shatters all around us
As I turn and walk away
And wonder if you truly ever felt the same

No comments: