Thursday, April 10, 2014

Baby this Mama is Crazy: Baby products this mama loves!

Baby this Mama is Crazy

This is a new part of my blog where I will share things I love, things I hate, and everyday life as I adapt to motherhood, and raising children. Bear in mind this is only my opinion and you have the right to disagree with me on any topic. I would expect from you what you should expect from me respect for ones opinion, and leaving the judgement of one another to God. I know sometimes I will not adhere to these things because I am not perfect, forgive me for that and I will remember to forgive you too. Also I recommend any product I mention check and see if a local friend has it first and try it before you commit to purchasing it. Some products are spendy but well worth it, some are expensive but if your crafty like my mother Suzanne, and my sisters Sam and Jordan you can do them yourself and save mucho denaro, some products are expensive and suck test it before you purchase it! 

SwaddleMe Wraps



My top favorite baby product is the swaddle blankets with velcro for the swaddle impaired like Jordan and myself. The nurses at the hospital couldn't quite figure out how to work these because they actually knew how to swaddle but for those who struggle with getting a tight snug swaddle these awesome blankets are the best and I totally recommend using them. If we didn't get one of these at our baby shower with Braden we probably would have never slept the first couple of months. Weaning from swaddling was super easy with Braden he basically weaned himself, however with Blake who is almost 6 months we are still swaddling him and when we try to not swaddle him it is a disaster. With most baby products you will find that different things will work with one child, and not the other. Remember all babies are different and if your baby does not like being swaddled it doesn't mean he hated your womb and you failed as a parent. Take a deep breath, kiss your precious little babies forehead and it will all be okay I promise! Here is a link to my favorite swaddle makers website http://www.summerinfant.com/nursery/swaddling/swaddle-resources

Wubbanub


Not only are these things super cute they are awesome for your newborn baby who loves to cling onto things. They can wrap their chubby cute little arms around the animal and the pacifier stays safely in the mouth. Now if your children are like mine they will wean themselves off a pacifier but 2 months. So as much as I love these guys they have been tossed in the no longer in use box. 

Nose Frida


If you are not familiar with the Nose Frida you probably are a little freaked out right now. Take a deep breath, kiss your precious babies forehead, it is going to be okay! I seriously love this product sooooo much. The syringe bulb you get from the  hospital is a nice product as well but the difference between these two products is what makes me Team Nose Frida. One the Nose Frida is super easy to clean, most of the pieces are clear so you can see if you have missed any snot boogies. It is super easy to use, and kind of gratifying in a weird way. I put a little bit of saline in babies nose before I use the Nose Frida, then I stick the chubby crayon looking piece in babies nose, red piece goes in your mouth and you suck the snot out of your babies congested nasal passage. Take a deep breath, kiss your precious baby, it is really okay I promise! My children scream and cry when I use the bulb syringe however when I use the Nose Frida no screaming no crying, and quickly my baby is breathing through their nose again. This product is for all ages too! I use it on Braden who is two, and I have even experimented on myself to make sure my children were not being tortured by this device...but mainly I was curious as to how good it works. It works! 

Next time on Baby this Mama is Crazy

I will answer any questions people have about the first three products I shared, and I will share my next favorite products including Ergo's, Homemade Moby Wraps, and Nursing Covers. Have you seen me use a product I haven't mentioned? Would you like my opinion on said product? Ask away! Also feel free to share below your favorite baby product. I am always excited to try new things, and to make sure my baby is a happy camper! I'm also going to dive deeply into homemade products because those seriously have been my children's favorite products those products include; crack blankets, Gimli's, previous mentioned moby wraps, nursing covers, burp cloths, and slings. 

This Mama: Breastfeeds, formula feeds(if necessary), baby wears, doesn't always baby wear, disposable diapers, breastfeeds in public, does baby led weaning, extended rear-facing, occasional co-sleeps, and does her best to not judge how others are doing things. 

No comments: