Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rut-a-tut-tut I'm in a rut.

I am so bored with my life at this moment, and find myself going through the motions. Doing everything on auto pilot. My body knows the movements of the day but my mind has checked out. This same routine is just boring me to tears. Work, clean, read a book, sleep, get sick(technically never get better), and the cycle starts over.
Don't get me wrong I love my life, I love my amazing husband, my amazing family and friends, it's just I've been doing the same thing for so long, my heart is begging me for a change of pace. Anything new I guess. Let's break this down.
Work- I have a pretty good job, and am grateful for it and I know that there are plenty of people out there that are jobless and need jobs so I shouldn't be complaining. But...I'm so bored with it, the routine of it, the going to it, and not seeing my husband.
Clean- Ugh...why do you always have to be constantly cleaning? Can't everything self clean itself for goodness sakes?!? I loathe the litter box!!
Reading- I guess the books are the only thing changing in my life, on a good week I can go through 3-6 books. I am enjoying my personal scripture study and looking forward to finishing the Book of Mormon, and starting it again to see how many times I can read it in one year.
Sleep- My body loves sleep and if it doesn't get at least 10hrs of sleep it doesn't know how to function. I know again I should be grateful because how many of you busy people out there get even a full healthy 8hrs of sleep. Sleep and I have a hate and love relationship I love to sleep but I hate missing my day. It's complicated!
Sickness- I don't know what is wrong with me but I find myself back on antibiotics after only a week of being off of them. This time a stronger dosage and a longer amount of time taking them. It seems though that being sick has become part of my routine.
I miss the days were I had less responsibility and I could be more spontaneous. When I could just up and go spend a whole day at the beach, or go on a hike, or road trip somewhere. I miss school and learning. I want to learn something new take a class, go for a hike, I even want to try zumba. Yes I am complaining, and yes I realize that the only person who can get me out of this so called rut is myself. I know I need to make the changes I want to see, and I know it won't always be easy, and some days it will feel like a rut, but looking on the bright side of things always helps, I mean it could be raining!! Dreams are never too far out of reach. I guess in venting a little I've released some of the tension, and life doesn't seem so rutty anymore. Venting is nice....Have a great day everyone!!!
Love,
ME!!

No comments: