Monday, March 17, 2014

12/1/2008

Every day I drive by the place
And behind the door is your face
To my disgrace
I want to stop and walk the feet
To the point where you and I meet
Open the door, run inside
Unseen by the outside
Cars drive on unaware
As I remain stopped and scared
I told you a lie
Because he made me say goodbye
Now the door is locked
and unheard is my pathetic knock
I ask myself why am I here?
Thought I was going to stay clear
But the last time I walked out the door
A part of me was left wanting more
To my horror I saw a glimpse of what could be
Leaving and coming home to you
For a moment I traveled an untraveled road
For a moment the thought of us glowed
Reality over takes the Fantasy
Have to force myself so the truth is what I see
My fear binds and bounds me up
Need to let go but I can't grow up
I can't help but think you'll do to me
What she wouldn't allow herself to see
I'm left in this place
In front of the door that hides your face
And to my disgrace
I turn around and walk away
I walk the feet that separate you and me
Get in the car and turn the key
Cars drive unaware of my fears
They can't see my silent tears
Unknown to them a heart lies broken
Torn apart by words unspoken
We drive on in a sea of lights
Cutting each other off to win the fight
Numb to each others thoughts
So the hatred rots
Like the fear it tangles itself up in our veins
When we're all gone the hatred still remains

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, there's so much thought and emotion in this! Amazing writing, Alex!