Friday, March 29, 2013

Oh Baby!

Well now that it is facebook official I thought I would write a blog post too! Through Gods grace Jordan and I are pregnant again!! It came as a shock since it took us a year to get pregnant with Braden and fertility drugs. I think a lot of it had to do with me exercising 3-5times a week. I wasn't losing weight but my body was beginning to get into a routine again. I've known I was pregnant since February 20th...and if any of you know me very well you know keeping this secret is a huge deal!! I did it for one whole month! Well I told a few people but hey facebook didn't know. I'm sure you are all wondering how I found out so I will tell you.

In January I purchased a 50 ovulation prediction kit/20 pregnancy test set. I noticed that my periods had started to become regular, so I downloaded an app on my phone and started keeping track of everything...and I mean everything. My tests were like PH strips and you have to wait 5 minutes to get a correct reading. I counted days and did my opk's and they all came back negative. Oh well life went on we weren't super trying to get pregnant so I wasn't too worried. I was at home one day and I had a migraine. I would randomly take pregnancy tests just because with my PCOS everything wasn't always 100% accurate, and my migraine medicine is most definitely not safe during the 1st trimester. So I took a test, waited 10 seconds the control line showed up I shrugged my shoulders decided it was negative and put it back in its package and threw it away. Later on that day I went back to the bathroom to go pee, and decided to look at the test just for the heck of it. I pulled it out of the package and to my amazement it was positive. I was shocked, and thought maybe it was a false positive so I dug deeper in the trash for an older test to see if it showed a false positive after 5 minutes. The older one was still negative. 4 tests later I was pretty confident in the fact that I was pregnant.

So yes I know this pregnancy is soon after my first pregnancy but I had no idea that my body would figure itself out or Heavenly Father would bless me with another baby so quickly. I feel extremely blessed for this 2nd baby and can't wait to see how great of a big brother Braden will be!



1 comment:

Jordan said...

This is so exciting! More babies for me to spoil! Whoooooo! So happy for you! To think, you thought you might be done! Forget that! Bring on the babies!
Love you!