Sunday, December 14, 2014

The most intimate thing I miss.

My husband has been deployed for almost 100 days, and not lived in our home since June. Today I am going to get intimate with you and discuss intimacy.

My good friend Google defines intimacy as so: in·ti·ma·cy
ˈin(t)əməsē/
noun
noun: intimacy
close familiarity or friendship; closeness.
"the intimacy between a husband and wife"
synonyms: closeness, togetherness, affinity, rapport, attachment, familiarity, friendliness, friendship, amity, affection, warmth, confidence; informalchumminess
"the sisters reestablished their old intimacy"
a private cozy atmosphere.
"the room had a peaceful sense of intimacy about it"
an intimate act, especially sexual intercourse.
synonyms: sexual relations, (sexual) intercourse, sex, lovemaking; More
an intimate remark.
plural noun: intimacies
"here she was sitting swapping intimacies with a stranger"
closeness of observation or knowledge of a subject.
"he acquired an intimacy with Swahili literature"

Let us get to it and discuss which definition of intimacy I miss the most and believe to play a vital role in a relationship at least my relationship with my husband. 
close familiarity or friendship; closeness.
"the intimacy between a husband and wife"
synonyms: closeness, togetherness, affinity, rapport, attachment, familiarity, friendliness, friendship, amity, affection, warmth, confidence

You thought I was going to talk about physical intimacy didn't you? Nope I want to talk about the togetherness of intimacy. The act of laying in bed with your head on his chest, his heart beating your name and yours beats his. All the world around you vanishes and for a moment you feel you are quite possibly in a different dimension. Euphoria flows through as you breathe in sync. Troubles are lost, peace vibrates through the room. It is a spiritual experience that you don't want to spend with anyone else. Because that person your head is laying on he is your person, he gets you, loves you every step of the way, he knows when to just hold you, he knows how to comfort you keep your head above water in the storms of bad days. He gently leads you to your rightful place by his side. You are his queen, he would do anything for you and you for him. He is rooted in the gospel of Christ he understands that he wants you there with him to be received by the Lord and all his glory. He is what you miss, his intimate companionship.

I truly hoped I conveyed my feelings in a way that is understandable. You don't have to be physically intimate to be in an intimate relationship. I honestly can live without physical intimacy, it is the emotional intimacy I miss most.

No comments: