Thursday, August 14, 2014

Everyone remembers nothing is erased

I want you gone
It is unfair
It is wrong
You shouldn't be allowed to hold me like this
I shouldn't still taste your kiss
Leave me be with the shadows you left
Don't pull me in for a second of hope
I read to deeply, I see too much
It aches, it scars, it hurts
You said it was love
That I was your only
Mi Amour you spoke
Lies, deception
Days to months, months to years
I still question, wonder at you
I remember everything
Do you?
Do you remember what you promised me?
Do you remember stealing a kiss?
Hours in each others arms
You were so good at leaving
But a part of you has stayed
Do you see me?
Is there a small part of you that wonders?
Why won't you set me free
Set me free from your chains
Please
Everyone remembers nothing is erased
There is always a price
When will ours be paid
Let me go
Lay the ribbon to rest

No comments: