Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What happens to a Love...

As much as I enjoy writing poetry I read it as well. I have been fortunate enough to take a poetry class at the college this term and I am enjoying looking into new authors to me but old authors in writing. Especially my new favorite Paul Dunbar he is a beautiful writer! But the poem I want to share with you today is one I came across a long time ago and it has always been dear to my heart. Hope you enjoy and I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!



What Happens to a Love…

What happens to a love that you're unable to explore, that first spark, that, which starts with temptation?
Does it wither away?
Scorched, burned, a wound that's best left untended? A pain that's best left forgotten?
Does it remain an unextinguished temptation?
Inappropriate desires, fantasies, reality gone unchecked? Passion fulfilled in dreams?
Perhaps it becomes a self-doubting, lingering question?
Guilt ridden, what have I done? What am I doing? Should I think this way? Should I feel this way?
Maybe, it warps into an unyielding, nagging regret?
Years gone by, time wasted? Chances missed - the ever present, What if?
Does it fester; rot you from the inside out?
Make you bitter at not having what you ought, what you deserve?
Or does it remain a youthful bud?
A memory, evergreen, bittersweet, unspoiled? A tear, a sigh, a smile? Never forgotten, a private reminiscence always visited - in the mind, in the heart?

No comments: